Rowan is an interpretive creative illustrator and artist. He lives and works in Somerset .
He has been a freelance illustrator since leaving Cambridge Art College and his drawings are to be found regularly in magazines and newspapers all over the world. He illustrated the Arts section of Punch magazine for many years and he has created images and characters for children’s and adults’ books for most of the major publishing houses both in the UK and USA.
Throughout a wide and varied career he has worked across many different media, just a small selection of his work includes:
- A humorous gift book series, including the best-selling Too Soon For A Midlife Crisis, which together have sold over 700,000 copies with more being published this year.
- Marketing material promoting a wide variety of products for everything from champagne to Mercedes-Benz cars, bank cards, wine, air travel, insurance policies, even mortgage companies.
- High-profile poster campaigns for Boursin cheese, Macy’s famous Easter Parade, the British Water Board (UK), and Sony Corporation (throughout Europe).
- Commissions from world-class advertising agencies including: Collet Dickenson, Abbot Mead Vickers BBDO, Pearce, McCann Erickson, Bartle Bogle and Hegarty, JWT, Grey Worlwide, Saatchi & Saatchi etc…
- High-end greetings cards, board games and designs for posters, tickets and programs for dance companies off Broadway and for the Royal Shakespeare Company.
- An animated cat for TV commercials in Chicago!
Rowan’s work has been chosen by juried selection for inclusion in the New York Society of Illustrators Annual as well as the Society of Illustrators Annual in London.
He has been invited to appear at many schools, Colleges and bookshops for signing and promotional sessions and his work has been exhibited in galleries around the world, including the Master Eagle Gallery in New York, the Children’s Illustrators juried exhibition in Bologna and the Louvre, Paris (in the Restaurant!).
His prints and originals are in constant demand from clients and in galleries.
He has been the recipient of many awards, including the book of the month award for Sherman the Sheep published by Simon and Schuster and his campaign for Metacam featuring the arthritic bungee-jumping dog.
Rowan’s great professional experience ensures that he consistently delivers value for money and always delivers on time and within budget. What’s more, he loves people watching, so look out! If he’s around, you may end up in one of his drawings!